Sunday, November 20, 2011

Hi, My name is Amanda....

...and I'm tired of being a blubberbutt.

Two weeks ago, I went to an endocrinologist at the insistence of my OB/GYN. Long story short, we haven't been able to get pregnant, and while we haven't been trying long enough to be considered infertile, my OB ran some tests which discovered that I had high insulin, which could lead to fertility issues, etc.

Soooo, I went to this endocrinologist, who told me that if I didn't get my crap together, I would soon be a diabetic. I'm NOT diabetic, and hopefully with this new lifestyle change, I can keep that from happening. He told me to go on a 1500 calorie per day diet, and to avoid white foods: pasta, rice, bread, potatoes. He said to eat more fruits and veggies. More grains. At first I was skeptical. I still am at the 1500 calories thing, but this ultimatum is a serious one. If I ever want to get pregnant, if I want to be around to raise those kids, I've got to get my weight under control.

While I'm not too thrilled with the idea of counting calories, I felt confident that his intent was to get me to make better choices all around. I posted the devastating news about my visit with him on a couple of message boards, and one of the suggestions i was given was to look into Clean Eating. Clean Eating, in a nutshell, is eating the way God intended. Lots of fruits, veggies, grains, etc. No processed crap. No fast food. Lean meats only. Whole grain breads only. No salt, but when necessary, sea sat is an acceptable alternative. And definitely no SUGAR. While it sounded scary at first, it's been 2 weeks, and I feel like I'm doing pretty good. I'm still learning, and while I've gotten rid of alot of foods that are not okay in this new lifestyle plan, I'm still working on on "cleaning" my cupboards.

Follow me, as I learn this new lifestyle, and post new things I learn, such as yummy recipes. I will also update my weight loss progress, and health effects. More to come. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment