Sunday, November 25, 2012

Chicken Caesar Salad

I love a good Caesar salad. With my recent elimination of wheat from my diet, I'm running in to many opportunities to make my favorite dishes as wheat and grain-free as possible. Croutons tend to be a staple for salads, but I've found a fun way to bypass them and still have a yummy salad.

Ingredients

  • Handful Romaine Lettuce
  • 1 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese (NOT to processed crap in the pasta aisle - get this in the chilled cheese section or from the deli at your grocery store)
  • 1 Tbsp raw unsalted hulled (shelled) sunflower seeds
  • 1 Tbsp thinly sliced almonds
  • 4 ounces of rotisserie chicken chunks
  • 2 Tbsp Caesar dressing (Unfortunately, the brand I have right now, which will remain nameless, is not organic, and I didn't realize when I bought it that it had corn syrup in it! I will be buying this version very shortly. 


So... that's about it. simple, easy, but Oh So Yummy. I'm hoping to post more recipes as I try and perfect wheat free versions of some of my favorites. If you have a recipe you're looking for, send me a message and I'll see what I can find for you. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment