Thursday, April 12, 2012

Juice Fast - Day 4

I skipped Day 3. In a nut shell, Day 3 was tough. At the risk of giving TMI, it didn't help that my monthly visitor arrived. Due to being on the juice detox, I couldn't have my "standard craving snack of a bag of M&Ms and bottle of Coke, and on top of that, I couldn't take any Aleve for the pain. No wonder yesterday SUCKED. I was in bed at 10pm, which is highly unusual for me.

I woke up today, determined that it was going to be a better day. It was, but I sort of felt like I was going through the motions at this point. I am enjoying the results, but I can honestly say that I DON'T really like what it's taking to get those results. I HATE cucumbers. I HATE celery. I HATE carrots. I can handle lettuce in small doses. I feel like I'm backed into a corner. I've lived my whole life, eating packaged, processed garbage, and now I'm at a point when I am trying to reboot my body to enjoy food the way nature & GOD intended, but yet I feel like I'm a failure because I flat out do not enjoy it.

I told my husband tonight that I will probably enjoy juicing more when it's not a complete fast. When I juice only once or twice a day and have several other regular meals, I probably won't mind it. I dunno. I mean, maybe I should fast longer to force myself to get used to it. It's a catch 22. I LOVE the results....I want to enjoy the green juices, but I just DON'T.... and it sucks, because I wish I did. Raw Rebecca, on FB, made video posts about her first fast, and she too said she didn't like the mean green. And then someone told her it would grow on her, and now she loves it. I guess I haven't found the right combo yet.

I guess I need to continue to compare this journey to my get out of debt journey. It's not easy or pleasant making sacrifices to get out of debt, but its a necessary evil to live a better life. It's not easy or pleasant making sacrifices to be healthy, but it's a necessary evil to live a better life.

I'm trying to be strong. I think I've done very well for this first attempt, but I'm not at a point yet where I can fast for a long haul. I'm going to check out some of the recipes at the Join The Reboot website for those folks who juice and eat (rather than just juicing) and make a plan for next week. I want to continue to make healthy choices, and ultimately, that is what this journey is about.

It's not easy, but I believe that it's going to be worth it in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Stay strong! I've been on a fitness journey for some months now, and I use this quote to keep myself on a healthy lifestyle:
    "If I focus on results, I will never change. If I focus on change, I will see results."

    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete